These cookies are packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein and are safe for those with allergies! These can be made egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free (with the exception of the icing which is optional – I’m working on that!).
2/3 cup Agave or honey
1 cup pumpkin (canned or freshly cooked)
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Shaklee Pumpkin Spice Protein
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
2. Mix agave, pumpkin, and coconut oil in a bowl.
3. Add flour, protein, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, about 10-12 minutes. They will still appear soft but once the bottom is light brown they are done!
5. Cool and frost with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (recipe below)
*Make cookies gluten free by using 2 cups of your favorite gluten free flour + 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch.
As always, Shaklee Protein is gluten-free so you don’t have to sacrifice your amino acids to avoid those allergies!
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
3 cups Organic Powdered Sugar
1/3 cup Organic butter, softened**
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. coconut or almond milk
1. Mix powdered sugar and butter.
2. Beat in vanilla and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency.
**If you have dairy allergies, substitute the butter with canned coconut milk and omit the extra 2 Tbsp. of milk.
Makes 3-4 dozen.